I put all my finished blocks into the layout I wanted. Then I moved things around until I thought everything looked the best.
These setting triangles required some math ( that didn’t quite work out because I added the sashing dimensions to each block). They ended up larger than I needed and so it was easy to just cut a little off.
Then it was just the tedious task of sewing the rows all together.
You can see I laid out my border fabrics to see how all the different colors would look together.
I had this sweet lavender fabric that I originally wanted to use for my smaller border but after laying everything out, I realized there was a lot of yellow in the quilt and a different yellow fabric seemed to pull the whole thing together.
The quilt came out looking very feminine and summer-y with all the pastels. It now measures at 72 inches x 91 inches.
It was so much fun to make but now I have to decide if I’ll hand quilt it or have it machine quilted.