This week I’ve been finishing the binding on several quilts. I had a quick visit back to the states and was able to get my Global Warming quilt quilted while I was there.
I bought some extra-wide bright yellow fabric to use as the backing and had it quilted with swirly circles.
I was going to use the left over yellow backing fabric for the binding but I decided to use some of the remaining batik jelly roll strips and try to match light with light and dark with dark. It made the tedious binding job a little more interesting and I’m very happy with how it turned out.
I love this quilt! It’s so bright and fun. Plus, I think this is some sort of record for me. I’m not sure if I’ve ever made a quilt this fast from start to quilted and bound. It just worked out that way, I wasn’t even trying. So often, after I finish the quilt top, I’m sick of it and need to put it away for awhile.
While I was home, I was able to dig a couple other quilts out of storage and get them finished. They will be going to new homes. Here is the Mystery Quilt I made last year:
It was quilted with a floral pattern that goes along with the floral fabric.
And the Quiltworx Compass Quilt which was so fun to put together:
It was quilted with an all-over wavy stipple pattern which lets the design show through.
I feel like I’ve really accomplished something with these finished projects and now it’s on to new projects!