Global Warming quilt- Part 2

The Global Warming quilt top is finished!

img_0426

It really wasn’t that hard.

Once I had all 4 of the segments done, I stacked them up with the center 4 squares on top of each other- all the segments facing up.  I tried to carefully get all the seams matched and pinned all 4 sides so they would stay all together.

Then I got out my tape measure (the pattern called for a yardstick but I didn’t have one) and started marking my curve.  The pattern called for it to be at 36 inches but since my quilt came out a little smaller, I marked my curve at 35.5 inches.  I wanted to keep my curve at about the same place as the curve in the pattern.

After measuring and marking and re-measuring, it was time to cut.  I just used my scissors and cut along the line I had marked.

IMG_0417.JPG

Here’s the quilt all laid out and ready to have the curves sewn.

IMG_0424.JPG

Normally when I sew curved pieces, I find the center of each piece and line them up first.  With this quilt, it was more important to line up the seam lines of each block.  Most of the time they lined up pretty well and the whole thing wasn’t too hard to put together.  I used A LOT of pins which always helps when doing curves.

img_0429

So there it is: “A Global Warming Quilt No 1” by Anthology.  I bought some really bright yellow backing and it’s going to the quilters next week.  I think I’m just going to sew some of the left over batik strips together to make a colorful binding.

I’ll share the finished quilt with you when it’s all done.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s