“Charlotte’s Web” Quilt top finished!

I’ve been away from my blog for a while but I’ve been busy trying to finish up some projects.  I got this quilt top finished finally!  This is my spiderweb quilt that I used my fabric selvages and all the fabrics that I could find with words on them, which is why I call it “Charlotte’s Web”.  It’s taken me about 2 years to finish but it was so fun.  You might remember that I was playing around with some different border options but I ended up going with just something simple.

Charlotte's Web quilt

This is a busy scrap quilt and the actual pattern I was using didn’t have a border.  I wanted just a little something for around those spiderwebs so that the binding doesn’t end up right on top of them.  You might recognize this border from the charity quilt I finished last month.  I thought it would be a good option for this quilt.

Charlotte's Web quilt

It has a real Halloween vibe too so I think I finished it just in time!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s