With just a few days to go before she leaves for college, I got my daughter’s t-shirt quilt top finished. I had the plan but just had to order more fabric. I used the black fabric behind the shirt blocks to give a shadow effect and help to place them because they were all different sizes. Then I added a little color with the checkerboard border on top and the little flair at the bottom also helped to even things up.
I like to add a lot of personalization to these quilts. Now it goes on the pile to be quilted and I’ll have a little time to figure out what color I’ll bind it in. To keep it simple, I’ll probably use the same grey as the background.